On a hot summer’s day, there is nothing more delicious than eating a fresh, home-made ice lolly. Ice lollies are also g...Read more play_arrow
Most kids love pancakes. That’s why they are still a favourite at kids’ parties. But pancakes aren’t only served at parties for kids, they are also a very loved meal.
These amazing animal pancakes make it even better and more fun! With a little creativity, you can make something great out of your pancake. Let your creativity run wild and create a lion, bird, monkey, or a pig. If baking pancakes isn’t really one of your best talents, you can also make something fun out of waffles. Mr. Krabs, for instance.
What do you need?
1 pack of pancake mix natural
800 ml milk
Butter or oil
and / or
1 pack of American pancake mix
400 ml milk
Butter or oil
and / or
1 pack of Belgian waffles (8 pieces)
Dutch stroopwafels (syrup waffles)
How do you make them?
01. Put the mix in a mixing bowl and add the milk.
02. Stir until smooth with a mixer or whisk.
03. Add the eggs to the batter. Keep stirring with a whisk until you no longer see the eggs and the batter has become smooth again.
04. Add some butter or pour a splash of oil in the frying pan and let the pan get hot on the stove.
05. When the pan is hot, scoop some batter from the bowl with a ladle.
06. Carefully pour the batter in the pan and bake the pancake over medium heat.
07. As soon as the edges of the pancake are done and have turned a bit brown, you can carefully turn it with a spatula.
08. Now, also bake the other side of the pancake until it is brown and done.
09. Bake as many pancakes from the batter as possible. To have some variation, you can opt for large pancakes and small pancakes, or you can go for the small American pancakes.
10. When all pancakes are baked, you can start decorating them! Unless, of course, they didn’t turn out that well… If that’s the case, go for the Krusty Krab waffle.
11. If you have chosen for variation in the sizes of the pancakes, you can use the small pancakes or the small American ones as ears or a snout.
12. Slice the strawberries and bananas. Then, place the strawberries, bananas, and blueberries on the pancakes in the shape of a little face.
13. If you’re making a Krusty Krab waffle, cut the syrup waffle in 6 pointy pieces. These will be the legs.
14. You can make the claws of the crab with jelly beans. Sort the jelly beans by colour and choose the best ones.
15. The animal pancakes are done. It is high time to eat these animal pancakes!
Enjoy your pancake feast!